RE: Sunday tutorials, newcomers, and remote participants

2014-11-08 09:13:14

--On Saturday, November 08, 2014 14:54 +0000 "Romascanu, Dan
(Dan)" <dromasca(_at_)avaya(_dot_)com> wrote:

Some tutorials from the past (slides and video for some) are
available at https://www.ietf.org/edu/tutorials.html.

Dan,

I know that but it is hard to mistake me for a newcomer.  Part
of the point is that we tell people to consult the tools agenda
and/or meeting materials page.  If things aren't there, they
can't be found by anyone who lacks a lot of history and
therefore, in practical terms, don't exist.

And, of course, while previous slides and/or videos might be
helpful to guess what might be said this time, they are not
really a substitute for contemporary materials.   I don't know
what the IESG would do to a WG chair who said "I don't need to
post an agenda this time because previous agendas and minutes
are online", but I'd hope the word "fire" would be part of the
conversation.

I agree with John that it would be good to have the materials
posted in advance and have them included also in the
proceedings.

thanks,
   john