Re: Sunday tutorials, newcomers, and remote participants

2014-11-09 16:42:29

--On Sunday, 09 November, 2014 12:17 -1000 Ray Pelletier
<rpelletier(_at_)isoc(_dot_)org> wrote:

John,

We were able to make somethings happen for this meeting (see
below), but more importantly it will become routine for future
meetings.

Please continue to provide feedback so we can get this to be a
real service to those who participate remotely and for those
actually in the session.

Ray,

Thanks to you, Alexa, the Meetecho team, and anyone else
involved for drawing this together.

I suppose this is the small advantage of my attending an
increasing number of meetings remotely -- I'm much better at
noticing issues when I'm remote than when I'm still around the
meeting site theorizing and imagine others are too.

There is also a lesson in this to others who are remote: issues
aren't going to get identified and fixed unless you notice them
and tell others.  Don't wait for those of us who have been
around for a long time, probably too long.

   john