Re: Sunday tutorials, newcomers, and remote participants

2014-11-08 11:45:07
On Sun, 9 Nov 2014, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

I seem to recall the EDU team being told that getting the remote AV setup ready half a day earlier, so that the tutorials could be covered, was significantly difficult/expensive. I'm not saying it couldn't or shouldn't be done. Somehow I doubt it can be done effectively by tomorrow.

I liked the introductory film on Youtube how the IETF works. I am a huge fan of video based education. I would like to argue that some of the sessions should be well worth spending money doing a good video recording of, at least once, and then perhaps that session can be skipped for the next few meetings and instead we can refer people to the video instead.

It's often better to spend more resources doing some thing well, once, that lasts, than to try to save money short term by re-doing something with less resources, often.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike(_at_)swm(_dot_)pp(_dot_)se