Re: Updating BCP 10 -- NomCom ELEGIBILITY

2015-02-11 20:57:08

Brian E Carpenter <brian(_dot_)e(_dot_)carpenter(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
    > For me there is an over-arching consideration: a relatively simple
    > script must be able to generate the list of all qualified volunteers
    > from existing databases. Otherwise the whole process will be
    > impractical.

I note that we have no such script today.

The nomcom chair takes a list of volunteers, and submits them to a web site
one at a time.  Then if the person isn't eligible, contacts them to find out
if they have any other emails that they registered with (such as because they
changed companies), adds that, and iterates.

Except that I wrote some perl to drive this from a CSV file, and screen
scrape the result, and I've asked that it be made into an API.

The registration database is presently not integrated into the datatracker;
the datatracker actually knows a reasonable history of people's email
addresses, or at least, if we integrated things better, then the registration
system could link things better.

One of the reasons I wrote the list the way I did is because I know that the
datatracker can generate that list; the list of attendees is actually the
hardest part to automate.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-