Re: Unhelpful draft names

2015-03-09 20:46:29
In article <54FE284F(_dot_)80600(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> you write:
It would be nice if at regular intervals a text summary of the new draft
names with their Abstract in a single email were sent.

Please, no, not another monthly message that nobody reads.

If this is worth fixing, we can add some name checking heuristics to
the I-D nits checker.  It'd presumably only apply to non-WG -00 drafts,
with an option for manual override like with the confirmation e-mail
addresses.

But I suspect that for most people, given a choice of waiting to get a
draft in with an arcane clever name, or giving it a boring normal name
and getting it in right now, the problem will usually solve itself.

R's,
John