Re: What is a "management position? [Last Call: <draft-farrresnickel-harassment-05.txt> (IETF Anti-Harassment Procedures) to Best Current Practice]

2015-03-17 10:24:51
"Andrew" == Andrew Sullivan <ajs(_at_)anvilwalrusden(_dot_)com> writes:

    Andrew> I really dislike this suggestion.  If someone who has no
    Andrew> formal authority and serves at the pleasure of the relevant
    Andrew> WG chairs is abusing their position of influence, the right
    Andrew> thing to do is not to expand the definition of Official
    Andrew> Role-Holder.  The thing to do is to complain to the people
    Andrew> who _do_ have official authority and use the processes we
    Andrew> have.

Having worked with ADs in the past and understanding my own tendencies,
we would tend to second-guess the Ombudsteam.
Unless you want ADs conducting independent investigations after the
Ombudsteam has already done its work, don't ask ADs to make the
decisions about chair removal.

I think making the Ombudsteam interact with chairs for doc editor
removal is highly problematic; it seems very likely that some chairs
will not handle things appropriately.

I agree with Dave Crocker here.