Re: Sam's text and way forward on the last call of draft-farrresnickel-harassment-05.txt

2015-03-19 07:20:55
On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 11:30:39AM +0000, Stephen Farrell wrote:

I'd therefore suggest we focus more on what the Ombudsteam are
allowed to communicate, so I'd suggest:

[&c.]

I am much more comfortable with the direction Stephen is suggesting.
I do understand the concerns about harassment and so on, but that must
be reasonably balanced against completely remaking all our procedures
through the back door of the ombudsteam.  Most importantly, I think,
we must retain the tradition of avoiding too much specification of
mechanical detail and of trusting appointees' judgement when adhering
to principles.

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs(_at_)anvilwalrusden(_dot_)com