Re: Sam's text and way forward on the last call of draft-farrresnickel-harassment-05.txt

2015-03-19 10:01:38
You asked, Jari.

The more power you vest in someone the more they should be accountable
to the community.  Removing someone from an activity is a pretty
momentous activity.  Making ADs unable to function as ADs or WG chairs
unable to function as chairs is a big deal.  It may impact peoples'
livelihoods.  The same holds for people who are intimidated or harassed
into taking actions they would not otherwise take.  The community needs
to be able to hold people accountable for those decisions (or lack thereof).

Eliot