Re: Sam's text and way forward on the last call of draft-farrresnickel-harassment-05.txt

2015-03-19 08:41:06
Hi Jari,

I've been following this discussion for some time, and while I agree
that it is important to protect people from harassment, it is also
important for the community to be able to hold decision makers
accountable for their decisions.  This draft puts too much power in the
hands of people who are not appointed by the community.  While I truly
do understand the need to scale the function of the AD, this is a case
where I believe the community expects them to take responsibility for
excluding someone from some or all of our processes.  I am happy for the
ombudsman team to have responsibility for providing you guidance, but
the decision to exclude someone or not should be exclusively in the
hands of someone who cannot be recalled.

To that end...