Re: Thoughts from IETF-92

2015-03-30 21:45:35
On 31/03/2015 15:06, Dave Crocker wrote:
On 3/30/2015 3:55 PM, Richard Shockey wrote:
2. We need to be more accommodating to public policy folks and National
Regulatory Authorities.   Maybe ISOC needs to work on that. Some of us
have tried we get nowhere.

\
Richard,

In concrete terms, what does this mean?  Within the bounds of our
skillsets and time and deliverables, what should the IETF and
participants /do/ to accommodate policy folk?

And also, what should we *not* do? We decided many years ago, for example,
that we should *not* weaken security to accommodate public policy. I'm sure
there are other things in that category, e.g. we should *not* stop work on
quality of service to accommodate naive "network neutrality" rules.

    Brian

ISOC has done quite a bit to provide tutorials and tour guides for quite
a few folk that I thought were policy-based.

Not to say there isn't more to do, but I've no idea what.

d/