Re: Thoughts from IETF-92

2015-03-30 22:41:26

Thank you Dave excellent question.  Actionable items.

1.  Look at our schedule.  We are going to Prague. It would be most
fitting and proper for ISOC to sponsor a limited number of free passes to
the IETF meetings to the Czech telecom regulators. That could be easily be
arranged.  Why should the ITU have all the fun.

We should offer something to all of Latin America¹s regulators if we are
going to Argentina!  If it Montreal why not invite the Prime Minister to
keynote ..depending on who that is.

http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/home-accueil.htm

http://www.ctu.eu/main.php?pageid=178

That could be easily be done for all future meetings simple out reach. Yes
we are a big deal.

We have to accept the reality that if we are going to run the protocols
for the communications network for the entire planet we have to explain
ourselves.

2. Public policy advocates.. A bit tricker but still the same principal.
If Consumers Union could figure out how to find us to deal with Caller ID
spoofing in Dallas then lets find them on security privacy issues.  Again
my issue with ISOC. Outreach is what they are charged to do so let them
bring people to the table to see what real multi stakeholder consensus is
about.

I thought the CU folks were wonderful BTW.