Re: Thoughts from IETF-92

2015-03-31 02:11:13

On Mar 30, 2015, at 8:20 PM, Richard Shockey <richard(_at_)shockey(_dot_)us>
wrote:

1.  Look at our schedule.  We are going to Prague. It would be most
fitting and proper for ISOC to sponsor a limited number of free passes to
the IETF meetings to the Czech telecom regulators. That could be easily be
arranged.  Why should the ITU have all the fun.

Be careful what you wish for. You may discover that you already have it.

ISOC brings on the order of 12-15 “policy fellows” to IETF meetings regularly,
introduces them to the IETF, and has a series of talks given by technical folks
to help them understand the Internet better. I suspect that the thing most of
them walk away with is the business cards of a few people they think might be
able to answer questions for them in the future, and the fact that we don’t
bite - at least not outsiders.

And yes, I suspect they will do so in Prague, Yokohama, Buenos Aires, and in
the meetings that follow.