Re: Thoughts from IETF-92

2015-03-31 06:43:48
Hi,

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 06:55:32PM -0400, Richard Shockey wrote:
2. We need to be more accommodating to public policy folks and National
Regulatory Authorities.   Maybe ISOC needs to work on that. Some of us
have tried we get nowhere.

I'll note ISOC already does in fact do that (see Fred's message
elsewhere in this thread).  But also,

RAI had three distinct sessions dealing with highly sensitive public
policy problems with SIP. DISPATCH w/CNIT, the MODERN bof and STIR. Guess
who shows up.

https://consumersunion.org/end-robocalls

Needless to say they were met with open arms if not some polite bemusement
and they collected a pile of contacts etc including mine.

from what I observed, that interaction looked like a successful one.
That is, we had some public policy people who came to the mic and
asked some questions about how everything worked, when they could
expect something, and so on, and they got besieged by people who know
the topic and want to help them.  Why do you think that event was
evidence of failure to help?  It looked like helping to me.

Best regards,

A (for myself)

--
Andrew Sullivan