Re: Policy and tools regarding the filing of Internet Drafts

2015-04-21 07:59:00
A related issue is "fake acknowledgments".
This is where a draft author sends a note about the draft to some set
of folk, and then thanks them for their review and support, regardless
of if they actually, you know, reviewed or expressed support.

An example:  "The authors would like to thank all those people who
directly helped in improving this draft and all supporters of this
draft, especially <inset well known IETF names here>"

this makes it look like the people listed actually support the
document, which may be used to claim legitimacy.

I don't think there is anything the IETF can or should do about it,
but individuals who get fake thanked might want to speak out and
mention that they are not actually expressing support...

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 8:32 AM, Scott Kitterman