Re: Policy and tools regarding the filing of Internet Drafts

2015-04-21 07:43:16

On Apr 21, 2015, at 5:16 AM, Dearlove, Christopher (UK)
<chris(_dot_)dearlove(_at_)baesystems(_dot_)com> wrote:

I've had more than one case where trying to hit a -00 (or other) deadline
with another author, in another timezone, doing an everyone signs off would
have missed the deadline. We may have reached "OK, I'm happy with those
edits, you make them and submit, I'm going to sleep" stage.

Well, as I said, the “confirm” response isn’t required to be instant. If one
files against a deadline and deals with the “confirmation” email after the
deadline, it is treated as acceptable - the *filing* was before the deadline. I
don’t see a reason that would change when multiple authors had to each confirm.