RE: Policy and tools regarding the filing of Internet Drafts

2015-04-21 09:33:19
Fred,

        This depends on what happens to the draft while waiting for
confirmation, and
whether or not the tools recognize the initial posting time/date as opposed to
the final
confirmation time/date.

        I can see an argument for why the "posting time/date" would be the same
as
the final confirmation time/date - if nobody can see the draft until then
(which seems
to be a reasonable requirement, if you are trying to avoid accidentally adding
someone
as an author).

        Otherwise, it would be possible to ambush a working group with a -00
draft that
makes the posting cut-off but is not available until the last possible moment.
All a person
would need to do is to hold off on confirming their authorship until then.

--
Eric