RE: Policy and tools regarding the filing of Internet Drafts

2015-04-21 06:34:03
Hi Fred,

Second, I wonder if there is a way we can manage this. A simple
approach would involve the posting tool. When we ask to post something,
the authors are polled in email to ensure that the email address in the
draft actually gets to them, and they have to reply either in email or
on the web. What would it take to, when posting a -00 draft, require
all of the co-authors to positively respond, and have the posting fail
if they don’t, or if any responds negatively?

About your second option, I would say this might make problem. I give my case
as an example. It happened to me several times that I needed to upload a draft
in 90 minute of cutting date and my co-authors already did his/her contribution
 on a system we used to share information and this person is no longer
available. Then I can no longer reach him. In your suggestion, I can no longer
upload a draft when my co-author is asleep or no longer reachable.

I think the one who used your name or someone else's name in his/her draft
without previous discussion, might use different email address of
himself/herself too to authorized its sending. So I suggest to use other
approach...

This would also clear out people whose addresses change; I understand
an address changing in a later version of a draft
(someone(_at_)example1(_dot_)com
becomes someone+else(_at_)example2(_dot_)com) and being missed in a draft
update,
but I don’t understand an incorrect address on the -00 version.

Thanks,
Best,
Hosnieh