Re: Drafts that can't be serious

2015-04-22 02:35:56
First, of course we allow everybody to post drafts. I agree with
James’ characterisation of how we approach the various
proposals.

On the policy being easy to find, and on us saying somewhere
that IDs are just the opinions of the authors unless adopted
by the IETF in some fashion: I have requested a change in
the ID page to provide that information.

I’m not sure we have other things do though. I’m sensitive
to comments about the content of the policy, but I’ll note
that we don’t do this often. In fact I cannot remember we
have ever done this, but it could be that it is just a too
early morning for me right now. I’ll also note that the
policy lets us handle an exceptional situation when
we come to it by taking it to the steering group. And
making a judgment call on what needs to happen.
In an emergency we can make a quick decision in
IESG. So unless I hear something compelling,
I’m going to assume that we all have other more
urgent things to do in taking the Internet technology
forward :-)

Jari