Re: Fwd: I-D Action: draft-carpenter-whats-an-author-00.txt

2015-04-24 00:42:26
Hi Brian,

this draft seems to assume you can have editors, or authors, but not a
combination of those.  The practice has been different, with people
taking editorship roles on drafts that do have original authors which
just have tried to extract themselves from the tedious wordsmithing
consensus process.  Do you argue for changing that practice?

(As usual, I will be arguing for properly acknowledging authorship, as
doing otherwise is non-inclusive for academics.  E.g., RFC 3819 has done
exactly the right thing.)

Grüße, Carsten

Brian E Carpenter wrote:
This is intended to frame the discussion we've been having.
Comments/criticisms welcome.

   Brian