Re: I-D Action: draft-carpenter-whats-an-author-00.txt

2015-04-24 13:36:44
On 4/24/2015 7:43 AM, Dave Crocker wrote:
Also, to the extent the current effort cares about prior treatments of
the question of author vs. editor, please take a look at a rather more
recent bit of text that went through IETF approval:

I should also have pointed people to:

   WG Guidelines & Procedures
   https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-crocker-rfc2418bis-wgguidelines-00

including roughly the latter half of:

   2.  Basic Structure and Requirements

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-crocker-rfc2418bis-wgguidelines-00#section-2

and all of:

   6.  Staff Roles

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-crocker-rfc2418bis-wgguidelines-00#section-6

FWIW, a simple change that we could institute without any fanfare is
some conventions for citing in the Acknowledgements section people who
filled particular roles, in the development process.  Chair, Secretary,
whatever.  Arguably we've been highly remiss in not doing this all along.

d/
--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking