Re: I-D Action: draft-carpenter-whats-an-author-00.txt

2015-04-24 09:44:19

For whatever it is worth, that model is fairly close to the one
that Jon Postel preferred for many years.

I'm sure that over the years, many participants in the world of RFCs
have held many different preferences on this topic, as for all others.
However the running code of RFCs has regularly demonstrated multiple
authors for RFCs and essentially from the beginning, starting with RFC
31 and RFC 44...

Also, to the extent the current effort cares about prior treatments of
the question of author vs. editor, please take a look at a rather more
recent bit of text that went through IETF approval:

d/
--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking