Re: I-D Action: draft-carpenter-whats-an-author-00.txt

2015-04-30 16:19:28

--On Thursday, April 30, 2015 11:33 -0700 joel jaeggli
<joelja(_at_)bogus(_dot_)com> wrote:

(And if Tenure Committees understand, then I think that will
likely solve the problems of other communities.)

insofar as I am aware tenure committies have never looked at
standardization activities with much favor and I don't think
anything here will change that.

That is certainly consistent with my experience and
observations.  If we are correct, then changing things in the
RFC Series in an attempt to impress such committees falls into
the category of "fool's errands", and we should concentrate more
on what works for the Series and the Standards Process.

    john