Re: I-D Action: draft-carpenter-whats-an-author-00.txt

2015-04-24 13:13:23

John C Klensin <john-ietf(_at_)jck(_dot_)com> wrote:
    > Things have obviously changed.  We have gotten the name or names on the
    > first page tied up with questions of attribution, IPR issues, the
    > entirely different conventions of more academic/scholarly and formal
    > publications and carryover of assumptions from other communities more
    > broadly, and with compensation and performance review polices in a
    > number of companies.  I'd like to go back; I don't see how.

If we can come up with a way of providing attribution in a way that Tenure
Committees understand, then I don't care what goes on page 1.

(And if Tenure Committees understand, then I think that will likely solve
the problems of other communities.)

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-