Re: Proposed Statement on "HTTPS everywhere for the IETF"

2015-06-02 06:56:04

Hi Eliot,

I think the work to be done is fairly obvious for most things,
for example replacing http URIs with https URIs in new I-Ds,
though HSTS over all our domains has a bit of trickiness. We'll
also probably want to talk with the meetecho folks to see what
can be done there, that makes sense to do. More generally, I'd
expect this'll basically turn into a standing requirement (like
IPv6) that the secretariat will build into consideration of
ongoing or new work and it'll just be handled as we go.

One thing we'll all want (I hope:-) to do is to go edit our
bookmarks - I used have a load of those with http URIs and it's
really easy to forget to update those.

Cheers,
S.