Re: Where are the places that block encrypted traffic?

2015-06-02 20:55:20

In message <2036457.vXnxjqSTLC@gongo>, Niels Dettenbach writes:
Am Dienstag, 2. Juni 2015, 07:34:33 schrieb Patrik F=C3=A4ltstr=C3=B6m:=

Last time I encountered this was at Pain de Quotidien in Washington DC
on
17th street.

And I discovered it when I saw my IMAP connection was hijacked.
around five years ago in a Marriot Hotel in Canada (Hamilton / Ontario).

IMAPs and POP3s was blocked, IMAP, POP3 and SMTP TLS ("inline") was
blocked by
a proxy. The proxy seemed to stay anywhere in the US. But after some
fiddeling
i was able to tunnel out there otherwise at that time...

Don't know if it is the same today...

And almost always they are trying to get to you agree to the terms
required to use the network (which no one reads) and go away once
you do so.  Basically is pointless nonsence to get you to click a
button.

--
 ---
 Niels Dettenbach

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka(_at_)isc(_dot_)org