Re: Call for comment: <draft-iab-doi-04.txt> (Assigning Digital Object Identifiers to RFCs)

2015-07-04 02:05:43
On 4 Jul 2015, at 2:29, John Levine wrote:

In retrospect, rather than making them look like RFC numbers I should
have used a pseudo-random 10 digit hash of the date, authors, and
document title so people would stop complaining about RFC123 vs.
RFC0123.

Hmm...are DOIs _already_ allocated for [some] RFCs or not?

I felt at first that was NOT the case.

Then I understood this draft is documentation of existing practice.

Then now I see between the lines that is not the case, as it is questioned what
the format should be.

Can someone please clarify?

   Patrik