Re: Call for comment: <draft-iab-doi-04.txt> (Assigning Digital Object Identifiers to RFCs)

2015-07-04 04:34:45
On 4 Jul 2015, at 11:29, John R Levine wrote:

10.17487/RFC7556)

Ok, then the format is already decided (although implicitly), and should not
be changed.

They're still opaque identifiers, so the format isn't important.  I don't
know how to make that any clearer.

Because they have been published, we immediately have a question about
persistence. We can now, from my perspective, not change the format as they
have already been included in the RFC Index. Its a persistence issue.

We COULD have changed the format, discussed it, or whatever, but that point in
time is passed.

   Patrik