Re: Single virtual queue (was Re: Pink Squares)

2015-07-27 06:07:05

On 27/07/15 11:32, Simon Pietro Romano wrote:
Agreed. With a (good) moderation framework, the chair can always
*override* the FCFS default policy and take control over who goes
next to the mic.

I guess. But tbh I'd have to try "meetecho, the director's cut" (*)
to see if that UI is something that could be used in such a situation.
I'd be happy but surprised if so, as I reckon it'd be hard to reduce
the best use of the mic line to a UI that's simple. E.g., the chair
might want to say "hold off a second alice, bob please come the front
of the line and speak to this, charlie - get ready to respond to bob
and is anyone else speaking to this specific point? if so, get behind
charlie." I mean given that we constantly see issues with "hit f5 for
full screen" I think I'd start from a position where it's unlikely we
can solve this one soon;-) But great if you can and good to try.

S.

(*) I mean the session director web page you mentioned before. I'd
like to play with that in some session in IETF94 if that's ok. Maybe
in one where I'm not chairing but just helping out.