Re: Single virtual queue (was Re: Pink Squares)

2015-07-30 10:07:11

On Jul 27, 2015, at 8:46 PM, Michael Richardson
<mcr+ietf(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca> wrote:

John C Klensin <john-ietf(_at_)jck(_dot_)com> wrote:
Indeed.   It probably qualifies me for Luddite status, but I've
often wondered whether the quality of our meetings would be
improved if we gave the chairs, scribes, etc. wired connections
and then got rid of WiFi in the meeting rooms.  It would create

As much as I like being online, and not having to pay attention to the parts
that I have no opinion about...

I've wondered the same thing about having wifi.

I'd go for giving wired connections at the chairs desk, the meetecho, and the
front two rows.
Whether to turn off the wifi or not can be a secondary decision…

That’s not our decision to make anymore. Two swipes on my phone turn it into a
wifi hotspot for my laptop. The IETF no longer has a monopoly on wireless
Internet access within the venue.

But they question here is not whether we can take away web access from
participants. It is whether we are going to require them to be on the web at
all times just to be able to participate.

Yoav