R: [BOFChairs] IETF 94 - Registration and Hotel Information - no availablity

2015-08-16 12:22:22
If my understanding is correct it was previously stated that the reservation
was for 300 rooms...which is nothing compared to the number of attendees we had
at the last meetings.

If I correctly recall the numbers of rooms booked used to be 600 (variable
during the week with a peak of 600 aounr the middle of the week). With that
amount of rooms we've been running into the same problem in the last (at least)
couple of years. It should have been increased of at least 300 unit, not
decreased IMHO.

Maybe for the next meeting we might make a poll asking how many people are
planning to stay at the primary hotel and book, say, 80% of the rooms?

BR
Daniele

Sent from a mobile device, please forgive spelling mistakes and short replies

-------- Messaggio originale --------
Da: "Ali C. Begen" <acbegen(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>
Data: 16/08/2015 14:32 (GMT+01:00)
A: Jon Hudson <jon(_dot_)hudson(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>
Cc: wgchairs(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org, ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org, Jared Mauch
<jared(_at_)puck(_dot_)nether(_dot_)net>, "Pat (Patricia) Thaler"
<pthaler(_at_)broadcom(_dot_)com>, irsg(_at_)irtf(_dot_)org,
recentattendees(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Oggetto: Re: [BOFChairs] IETF 94 - Registration and Hotel Information - no
availablity

Well nothing you are saying is incorrect. but nobody is asking the
right question. Why is the ietf block is so small? Can someone care to
give some numbers? I would not imagine a large block being sold out in
just a few hours.

If the block is small, then why are we even at this venue? From the
pics, the hotel seems quite big, so something does not add up here.

-acbegen

On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 5:27 AM, Jon Hudson