Re: Yokohama Hotels Update was Re: [BOFChairs] IETF 94 - Registration and Hotel Information - no availablity

2015-08-18 15:59:20
On 17/08/2015 21:57, Ray Pelletier wrote:
All;

Here is where things stand.

1.  "Headquarters Hotel”

Our Host, WIDE, is attempting to obtain more guest rooms in the
InterContinental Yokohama Grand.

The InterContinental Yokohama Grand has 475 standard rooms, but
would only allow us to book 300 rooms on the peak nights of Monday
and Tuesday.  They said they had to accommodate their existing
corporate and airline contracts.

Wednesday and Thursdays were contracted for fewer rooms, 289 and
250. We contracted for the rooms using the usual Bell Curve, which
typically reflects that some folks depart on Wednesday and more on
Thursday.  This was a mistake on our part.  if those rooms had been
available we should have contracted for the max we could get.

Ray

How do these numbers compare to the past three meetings?

- Stewart