Re: [dane] PGP security models, was Summary of IETF LC for draft-ietf-dane-openpgpkey

2015-09-23 03:13:18
We'll likely never meet in person.  You have a sensitive message to
send me about Postfix or OpenSSL or something like that.  Now what?

Or more likely you have nothing sensitive to send me at all, but
prefer not to have your communications routinely intercepted or stored
in the clear.  Now what?

The draft strives to make PGP scale, with an inevitable trade-off in
identity assurance.  The security needs of covert-agents are not the
same as the security needs of most ordinary citizens.

if i think of it as a form of opportunistic encryption with very weak
authentication it seems useful.

but when i want strong authentication i want strong introduction.

randy