Re: Argentina with tourist visa ?

2015-12-18 06:22:59
Guys,

Again, we have promised that some information will be provided. Lets not
make this thread record-long in the time that happens. And I’m sorry for not
responding in the last 12 hours, but even I have some day job requirements
at times, and I’ve been swamped there.

For what it is worth, I had made one attempt at asking the local embassy
for information, and got back the answer that Finnish citizens do not need
a visa for either tourist or business, but the answer for the rest of the EU
will depend on the country. So yes, it is complicated. Ray&secretariat
will follow-up with a bit more in-depth answer.

I do agree with Christer and others though that while we can provide
basic information for the usual cases, for some of you the answer is
that you’ll have to find out yourself. In my case it required one brief
e-mail and the answer came the next day. But I acknowledge that
the Finnish passport experience is usually as simple as it gets. But
hey, the down side is that it is dark, grey, and rainy here, so we pay
dearly for our privilege :-) I’ll just note that with ICANN and other
meetings behind, we have some running code that thousands
of people from around the world can descend to Buenos Aires
and have a successful meeting.

I have more to say about the discussion in this thread but
it will have to wait until later.

Jari