Re: Argentina with tourist visa ?

2015-12-18 11:02:13
On 18 Dec 2015, at 10:50, Toerless Eckert <eckert(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com> wrote:

I am all for minimizing the need for IETF/IAOC to be a "travel agency", but
getting clear legal statements about what Visa is needed to attend IETF
is clearly something that seems to be quite difficult as an individual.
As an organizer of a prestigious conference that surely any new counry we go
to will boast about, its a lot more likely you can get even get a written
statement from the responsible ministry.

I think there’s two aspects here. One is the IETF not selecting a venue with
onerous
visa requirements for a large number of attendees. The other is then ensuring
you
as an individual meet the requirements.

But presumably to determine that the requirements aren’t onerous, an
understanding
of the requirements for the most common visiting nationalities is required. And
that
could be shared. But I wouldn’t expect the IETF organisers to check for every
possible
country (200+ these days?).

Tim