Cross-area review (was Meeting rotation)

2015-12-18 18:02:54
On 19/12/2015 12:36, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
<snip>
Finally, there's been a great deal of worry about the lack of
cross-area review that we get these days,...

I'd want objective evidence that we get less cross-area review than
at some date in the past before worrying a great deal. It seems to me
that we are actually doing it more systematically than in the past.

...  but it doesn't seem to me
that the meetings obviously help with that except by accident.

But those accidents - hearing about something by chance that you would
never discover by chance on-line - are a major part of the advantage of
our plenary weeks. Being all in one place and time zone allows those
useful accidents to happen.

   Brian