Re: Meeting rotation (was Hotel situation)

2015-12-18 15:59:44
Fred Baker (fred) wrote:
Let me ask, since you clearly have opinions on such matters - what would you
think of such an arrangement? What am I missing in such a proposal?

You addressed this message specifically to Michal.

But being a foreigner to most people on this list :-), I think I can
answer this as well.

Great plan!

There is additional value in repeat performances that is rarely being
discussed here.  And going to places that we know will work takes a lot
of uncertainty out of the planning, uncertainty that only generates more
uncertainty (will X come to the meeting in this strange place?  Is it
even worth having a meeting if X isn't there and Y will have visa
problems ...).

So please do go ahead with that plan.  (And please endure the kvetching
-- the majority on this will be a silent one.)

Grüße, Carsten

PS.: And, yes, the Prague meetings have been great repeat performances.