Re: Hotel situation

2015-12-18 11:45:08
Let me add another point of view. And it is geographic.

I do not believe Internet is US effort (for decades) nor effort being funded by big global corporations (hopefully). If we want to open the IETF to "foreigners" we need to go there (with the price causing difficulties to incumbent geeks). Be sure - it is harder to visit IETF if you are male engineer living to India than female engineer living to San Francisco.

I'd strongly propose to go to new locations (as I saw a lot of new activities here after IETF came first time), and tune-up the remote participation systems.

And - it would be great if IOAC/AMS is providing as much information as possible, but I do not expect they are our babysitters. I'm always responsible to find a suitable hotel, tickets and cost of living each IETF according the budget (which is sometimes 0, so I'm not coming).

If we want to be closed group, let's select Minneapolis three times per year and we are done. Everything is a kind of compromise, do not be selfish.

No jokes here, please not be offended by ordinary english.

        Michal (speaking as "foreginer")

P.S: It is almost sure I'm not coming to BA as it is most likely over my budget, but I still think this location is good for the IETF and for the Internet.