Re: Hotel situation

2016-01-10 02:54:39
Nice old story. I bet the hotels have learned to better classify
clientele and offer appropriate discounts on rooms. If i remember
correctly, when Ciscos conference went to Vegas just a few years back,
the rates at the conference hotel Mandalay Bay where fairly high, but
the rates at adjacent Luxor where at its usual touristy low (*).

Vegas might still be good for work: If i rank cities based on stuff that
could be more interesting than work, Vegas would rank fairly low for me.
One of these days i just want to go to CES.

Btw: "Going to CES" seems to be a code word to actually go some place
else. Would be fun to have IETF in the same week in Vegas as Def Con.
Like CES, i only know the german counterpart.  Especially with the influx
of privacy religion into the IETF, there could be some good
cross-polination. Like CES, i only know the german counterpart yet
(CCC in Hamburg was very well made. Alas, last time next yet, highly
recommended).

Cheers
    Toerless