RE: IETF turns 30

2016-01-14 07:24:03
On Thu, 14 Jan 2016, Romascanu, Dan (Dan) wrote:

Happy Birthday!

So, at IETF 1 the following areas of concern were identified:

IETF Areas of Concern -
o Protocol Development and Stabilization,
o Protocol Conformance,
o An Implementors Support Organization,
o Internet Performance Measurements,
o ISO Conversion.

Only one of them seems clearly out of scope 30 years after.

I imagine you mean the last bullet point? It was only the last 1-2 IETFs where a new draft was published that (again) suggested a profile to carry IS-IS over IPv6, so depending on what you mean by "ISO conversion", I'm not so sure this is out of scope yet :P

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike(_at_)swm(_dot_)pp(_dot_)se