Re: Is Fragmentation at IP layer even needed ?

2016-02-08 19:18:48
On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 8:02 PM, Fernando Gont
<fgont(_at_)si6networks(_dot_)com> wrote:
On 02/08/2016 09:08 PM, Warren Kumari wrote:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7413 for those who are wondering.

Even pre-fast open TCP already allowed this -- however, those data can
only be *consumed* once the 3WHS is complete...

Yep, as an apps guy, I don't really care about theoretical
capabilities of the protocols that aren't exposed by the available
network stack APIs.

The job isn't done until you have persuaded the platform people to
give access to the capabilities. Hence we end up locked in UDP-ville.