Re: A couple of meta points -- IETF 100, Singapore, onwards

2016-05-24 04:56:46
I don’t want to speak for the IAOC or the host, but wanted to provide a quick
response to the question regarding the possible parameters of moving somewhere
else.

We have some of that information, and trying gather the rest. Leslie will be
sending more information this week, but even by then we will not have as much
information as we’d like to have. Bottom line: moving will imply relaxing 1-1-1
and exact dates to do the search; at least I am ready to do that, as is Leslie.
There is a cancellation fee. Still, finding a bookable venue is still hard
work, particularly if one wants use an existing and IETF-tested one. The search
is ongoing by the secretariat. And my understanding is that the host is willing
to move and host elsewhere.

Jari