Re: Background on Singapore go/no go for IETF 100

2016-05-26 10:55:01

He said that he doubted that there would be any problem at all in Singapore.
He also suggested that I contact the Singapore Consulate General in San
Francisco.  (Which I will do once they open)

I will ask them the following questions:

I will venture to answer.

1.  If two gay men with a baby (or child) come in to Singapore customs
together, will there be a problem?

None.

2.  If two gay men with a baby (or child) walk the streets of Singapore
together, will there be a problem?  Will they be harassed or arrested?

None.

3. If two gay men with a baby (or child) check into a hotel in Singapore
together, will there be a problem?  Will they be harassed or arrested?

None.

4. If two gay men with a baby (or child) need to go to a hospital or a doctor
because the baby (child) is ill, will there be a problem? Will they be
prevented in any way from being with the child? Will they be harassed or
arrested?

No.

I would add that I have asked the Singapore Ministry of Health and some of
the public
hospitals to provide me guidelines that handle what is mentioned above
including
situations where there are two adults (one male and one female) and they have a
young child and if there is a problem, do they ask for verification as to
guardianship
and/or parentage and/or marital status.

Please give me time to pull this together.

Harish

PS: And for transparency, I was recently elected into the Board of Trustees of
the Internet Society.

Thanks for your answers and congratulations on your being elected into the
Board of Trustees of the Internet Society.

I look forward to your other information.

Thanks,

Nalini