Re: [Recentattendees] Background on Singapore go/no go for IETF 100

2016-05-26 10:55:57
On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 12:28 AM, Jose Saldana <jsaldana(_at_)unizar(_dot_)es>
wrote:

Another thing to put in the pros and cons: this would set a precedent for
future meetings.

Hi Jose,

Just as a reminder, the IAOC has stated explicitly that the decision for
Singapore will not set a precedent.  They wish the discussion around the
principles in Fred's document to set that.  They do not believe they can
wait for that conversation to converge to make this decision, hence the
"decision without precedent" anticipated for this.

regards,

Ted

This map reflects the current situation worldwide:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Status_of_same-sex_marriage#/media/File:World_laws_pertaining_to_homosexual_relationships_and_expression.svg

BR,

Jose