Re: Background on Singapore go/no go for IETF 100

2016-05-26 11:39:28

On May 26, 2016, at 8:26 AM, Harish Pillay
<harish(_dot_)pillay(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

I would add that I have asked the Singapore Ministry of Health and
some of the public
hospitals to provide me guidelines that handle what is mentioned above
including
situations where there are two adults (one male and one female) and they have
young child and if there is a problem, do they ask for verification as
to guardianship
and/or parentage and/or marital status.

Two data points:

The Singapore Code of Medical Ethics is very clear that doctors are not
permitted to refuse treatment to anyone - see
http://www.healthprofessionals.gov.sg/content/hprof/smc/en/topnav/guidelines/ethical_code_and_ethical_guidelines.html

Consent issues are governed by the laws of Singapore. For children, "The legal
right to give consent for children lies with persons of legal parental
responsibility" - see
https://www.sma.org.sg/UploadedImg/files/Publications%20-%20SMA%20News/4508/CMEP.pdf