Re: [Mtgvenue] Background on Singapore go/no go for IETF 100

2016-05-26 12:00:04

On 5/26/16 8:18 AM, nalini(_dot_)elkins(_at_)insidethestack(_dot_)com wrote:
But I think for some people, no matter what I or any of the other
people say, they will not be convinced.  So now what?  I think we are
pretty much at that pass today.

I think it was rather clear from the questions you proposed
that you don't actually understand the potential problems
around parental and familial rights, etc.
What questions do you think are better to pose?

I would also suggest that it's extremely difficult to understand the>subtle
ways in which particular bigotries are implemented
unless you've lived it, or the ways in which they're negotiated
by the people who live with those bigotries daily.
Frankly, I find it rather amusing of you to suggest that a short woman of color
in high tech in the United States does not understand bigotry.
I would say that I have a fairly full and rich understanding of discrimination.
   No need to go into more details, irrelevant to the issue.
On a personal note, I'd be grateful if people would avoid
posting statements of the form "I totally support GLBT rights,
but <insert unsupportive comment>."

Sorry if you saw my comments as unsupportive.  It was not my intent.
Nalini