Re: [Mtgvenue] Background on Singapore go/no go for IETF 100

2016-05-26 12:00:53
On 5/26/16 8:47 AM, nalini(_dot_)elkins(_at_)insidethestack(_dot_)com wrote:
What questions do you think are better to pose?

As has been pointed out, the questions around hospital
visits and so on are not about being arrested, they're
about recognition of familial rights.

Frankly, I find it rather amusing of you to suggest that a short woman
of color in high tech in the United States does not understand bigotry.

I can only go by what you've written.  I do think how
these things are implemented aren't knowable until you've
experienced them first-hand - things like the police
refusing to come to your assistance during street harassment
incidents, and so on.  Hospital check-ins turning into
protracted legal battles over medical power of attorney.
And so on.

Melinda