Re: IETF 100, Singapore -- proposed path forward and request for input

2016-05-26 13:17:03
On 5/26/2016 3:29 AM, Sandoche Balakrichenan wrote:
On 25/05/16 22:44, Melinda Shore wrote:
On 5/25/16 12:36 PM, Ted Lemon wrote:
It's probably easier to enumerate who's excluded than who's included:
No, it's still not really working.

Would we, for example, be willing to meet in a place that
criminalizes Muslims or Jews or Hindus?  I sincerely hope not,
and I don't think that we would.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Former-President-APJ-Abdul-Kalam-frisked-twice-in-US/articleshow/10714158.cms

If this is the case for the president, jsut imagine for the common
people attending the IETF.

I was standing in line at Dulles Airport TSA PreCheck about a 18 months ago when I noticed some discussion happening between the TSA guy and a United concierge who was escorting a VIP. Apparently, TSA *really* does random full checks and TSA *really* makes everyone go through them. In this case, I caught our former Secretary of State Madeline Albright looking nonplussed and then just smiling and moving over to the "full monty" line.

To be honest, I prefer that occasionally even the most privileged of us have to occasionally deal with what the rest of us have to deal with - I consider it a strength and a reminder to those in power that there are somethings to which we are all required to submit.