Re: IETF 100, Singapore -- proposed path forward and request for input

2016-05-25 16:21:46

On May 25, 2016, at 1:13 PM, Melinda Shore
<melinda(_dot_)shore(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

On 5/25/16 11:39 AM, Ted Lemon wrote:
It appears that you and Ted do not believe that that is the right
question.   I think it is plain why you think that it is not the right
question.   However, by changing the topic, you are asserting that your
belief about what the right question is is more important than either
the IAOC's beliefs or the beliefs of other IETFers who believe that it
was a reasonable question.

I absolutely don't think "Can we have a successful meeting in
Singapore" is the right question.  "We" can have a very
successful meeting, depending on the value of "we."

So, when we talk about "we," who's included?

I’m do not want the “we” to depend on gender, race, color, religion, age,
sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, or marital status.

Melinda