Re: IETF 100, Singapore -- proposed path forward and request for input

2016-05-26 00:33:44

On May 25, 2016, at 9:44 PM, Eliot Lear <lear(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com> wrote:

On 5/25/16 11:21 PM, Cullen Jennings wrote:

I’m do not want the “we” to depend on gender, race, color, religion, age,
sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, or marital status.

What about nationality?

Of course I am in favour of openness and would like many nations but I don’t
think it is realistic to enable all nations. I deliberately did not add that to
the list because I think the topic of duration to get visa for various
countries is not the topic we are dealing with here. Nor is how much more Mark
Watson need to spend to travel to IETF than me.  I do agree it is an issue and
I have no problem deciding not to meet in the US or any other country if it is
deemed unacceptable from that point of view.

Eliot