Re: [Recentattendees] Background on Singapore go/no go for IETF 100

2016-05-26 00:28:01

On May 25, 2016, at 4:21 PM, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ
<jordi(_dot_)palet(_at_)consulintel(_dot_)es> wrote:

This discussion is public, I’m sure it has already been indexed by google,
bing, etc.

We can start reviewing our ways to choose venues from now on for those that
have no economical impact (no contracts signed yet) and at the same time we
must not hide our opinion on any kind of discrimination.

We can have the meeting in Singapore and at the same time, have an explicit
message to the authorities, press, etc., explaining what enforced to have
this discussion and why we will not come back to Singapore and other
countries if the laws aren’t changed. We can even have a press release
explaining it during the meeting. It is a much better opportunity to create
the noise, specially if authorities come to the meeting.

Regards,
Jordi

+1

Lixia